Founded in 1970, the Institute of Religious Studies (ISER) is a Brazilian civil society organization of a secular nature, whose objective is to promote studies, research and social intervention in the thematic areas of defense and guarantee of rights, public security, environment and religious diversity. Find out more about our work at www.iser.org.br/sobre.
About the Vacancy
“Faith in the power that comes from the grassroots” is an advocacy project in the area of Religion and Politics. Our work includes raising awareness among Catholic and evangelical leaders on topics such as democracy and human rights and the articulation of networks in the territories.
The project assistant will work directly with the coordination of the “Faith in the Power that comes from the Bases” project and will be responsible for helping to operationalize the courses and activities in the area.
The vacancy is for a 1-year contract, which can be extended, CLT regime.
- Participation in the pedagogical construction of the training “Faith in the Power that comes from the Bases”;
- Preparation of monthly reports and reports of meetings with leaders;
- Monitoring of groups of participating leaders;
- Organization of project events;
- Organization of pedagogical activities in conjunction with coordination;
- Offer support in selecting new classes;
- Class monitoring together with the project team;
- Assistance in religious articulation with the project team.
- Enjoy themes related to the Christian religion and believe in the relevance of working with this sector of society;
- Desirable: experience with the third sector;
- Advanced knowledge of the uses of Google Drive;
- Organizational and time management skills;
- Organization and commitment;
- Complete degree in pedagogy, social sciences, humanities and related areas.
Workplace: ISER headquarters in Rio de Janeiro
Workload: 30 hours per week in a hybrid format
Availability to start in October/23
Remuneration: R$3,200.00 / Month
Send CV and cover letter (maximum 1 page) to firstname.lastname@example.org until 09/25/2023 explaining the reasons why you want to work with us.
Preference for candidacies from black and/or peripheral women.